The Amesbury Abbey Group pioneered the concept of offer retirement housing within the extensive grounds of its care homes, creating what is now more widely recognised as a Retirement Village.
Unlike many more conventional retirement schemes, the Group provides a huge range of choice, in terms of size, number of bedrooms and style of property, as well as offering significant flexibility to residents so that they can make their home truly individual.
In addition, we recognise that many of our residents will still enjoy driving, which is why we provide ample and conveniently located parking, along with the option to add a garage to your purchase - subject to availability.
We are a family company with over fourty years experience in the retirement and care business. Our retirement properties are available by taking advantage of our deposit-based Lifetime Residency scheme, a scheme that has been in place since the Group was established in 1975.
This scheme provides a range of benefits over the normal 125-year (or lower) lease, employed by many retirement operators:
- There are no taxes relating to buying a property (e.g. Stamp Duty)
- No Estate Agents’ fees on resale
- The stress of resale is avoided, as on departure, the property reverts back to the Group
- There are no concerns about potential property depreciation as your Lifetime Residency deposit is refunded following departure, after deduction of our standard retention.
Further more, our quarterly service charge ensures that most of the burdens of household chores are removed; care is on hand at all times and the majority of bills, including heating and buildings insurance in addition to maintenance of all facilities, are taken care of, leaving you free to enjoy our wonderful grounds, facilities and surrounding areas.
The Quarterly Service Charge Includes:
- 24hr emergency call system
- Part time House Secretary and Warden service
- Four-course, waitress service luncheons daily (Guests welcome by prior arrangement)
- External maintenance of properties & grounds
- Twice weekly housekeeping and refuse collection
- Handyman service
- Central Heating (mid September – mid May)
- Garaging by arrangement and ample parking
All residents enjoy access to the grounds and the facilities within each main house. These vary from location to location, including such amenities as: hairdressing salon, manicurist, physiotherapy centre, trout fishing rights, mini bus service and a weekly events programmes.
Guest accommodation is also available for visitors, which can be booked in advance and pets are welcome by prior agreement.
To arrange a visit, at your convenience, please contact Teresa Janes on 01962 760 573. You will be able to meet our team and other residents, view the facilities and available properties, in addition to experiencing, at first hand, our very special and unique environment. We will also be pleased to offer you lunch, as our guest, in one of our dining rooms with waitress service.